Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Raelynn Rodriguez Letter '15

                           Gallery Visit 1: Arvada Center 44th Annual Jeffco Art Exhibition
This exhibit was so much fun to experience because of all the talent that can be showcased from Jefferson County. My favorite one from the show is Gatsbey Dinneware by Marcus Nortan. This really takes my back to the party scenes in the movie/book/play and it looks all even and light. This inspires me to try to make sets and to better my wheel throwing skills.



                              Gallery Visit 2: Westminster People's Fair 2015
This was a unique small gallery that displays many great art from unknown people. My favorite one would be this 2D picture of the flowers and unique texture. This influenced me to try making more nature themed art and to play with different mediums to make a multi-media piece.


Gallery Visit 3: Pomona Young Masters Art Show 2015
This is one of my favorite galleries because of all the art that is displayed is people from our own school! My favorite are piece is Tusk by Julia Smith. This influenced me to be more detailed oriented with my hand building work. Also the raku glaze also gave me ideas on how to include the black "negative space" as Julia did for the tusks. 


Fall Semester Class: Ceramics Intermediate
Spring Semester Class: Ceramics Advanced 

Commissioned Project: Acrylic and Watercolor painting of the skyline of Paris for Madame Fuller. (Individual piece and picture will not upload, displayed in her classroom)

Website: http://raelynnsart2.weebly.com/
Instagram: raelynns_art

Young Masters Art Show Entries: Ancient Bamboo (displayed in front office) 
Geometric Pot (displayed in the Pomona Gallery: no longer on display)

2 comments:

  1. Rae, deadline for lettering was May 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. for next year, you must have pics that are loaded for each section and visable as well

    ReplyDelete