Monday, April 30, 2018

D'Naya stone May 2018

Gallery vist 1: Rino distrect
This exhibit was so full of color and so full of life that you could really tell that the artist put a lot of effort into what they were painting. Every single piece that you saw you could tell it had a special meaning to the artist. One of my favorites was a set of heart wings made by, Kelsey Montague. This piece was called #whatunitesus. I like this piece a lot because it was really interactive, you got to involve yourself in the piece and it made you feel like a part of it. This piece influenced my art because, in the future I want to try making my art interactive. I want it to be something that everybody can play around on.

Gallery vist 2: Arvada center(chair exhibit)
This exhibit was so creative that as soon as you walked in you immediately wanted to smile.  Some chairs were silly and colorful and then some chairs were more serious, but what I really liked about this exhibit was that almost every chair was the same style but every single artist made it their own. I really enjoyed looking at the chair made by Don Quade. This chair looked like it was pulled straight from a fairy garden. It was so colorful yet simple at the same time and you could tell that the artist paid really close attention to detail. This influenced me to start paying more attention to the detail I put into my art. Make my art something I’m proud of.

Gallery vist 3: Denver Art Museum
This exhibit had so many different kinds of art that when you looked around you could definitely find something that you liked. You could spend hours in there looking at every single piece of art and trying to figure out what it means. There's so much color and inspiration and a lot of the pieces you have to stop and think about the meaning behind the art. One piece in particular, as soon as I entered the room I went straight to it. This piece was made by Duke Beardsley and one is called Burnin’ Rubber and one is called Against The Bit. This piece really spoke to me because of the colors and the contrast that he created with in the 2 paintings. My eyes were immediately drawn to the rope around the horses necks. The one on the left is bright but a little more crazy and the one on the rights is darker and more simple. This piece was one I stopped and stared at and honestly I really couldn't find a meaning out of it but the way it was painted was so beautifully done that you knew there was a story behind it. That's really something I want to include in my own art I want to make sure that there is a story behind it and that instead of me telling the story you can look at the art and know the story or even come up with the story of your own.

Young Masters art show
I got two pieces accepted into the young masters art show. One was a ceramic piece and one was a photograph. My ceramic piece is called Beauty in decay. My photography peace was called growing through the pain.



Collaboration
My collaboration piece this year is a work in progress.  I am working with Zoe to create a marbled painted Bowl. We got our inspiration from the picture on the left and the picture on the right is our project now. Along with the bowl, we are also making a clay pendant that will have the same matching paint as the bowl. I am building the bowl and the pendant and then Zoe will be adding the paint.


Website:
https://dnaya2001.wixsite.com/mysite

Grades:
Advanced 3D art (sem.1 Fall) : A

Advanced 3D art (sem.2 Spring): A



No comments:

Post a Comment